Layout Module Salvage.

 My mother found these layout modules abandoned in an apartment....




...so I decided to see what I could salvage from them.  Didn't have any cash invested so anything I can save is gravy.

First I removed the out-of-scale wood and card buildings.  These looked like they were kits. Managed to pull them off mostly intact.  They look to be somewhere between 1/48 and 1/32 scale.  These will end up on craigslist for a few bucks.


As likely will this pack of similarly scaled fencing.


Then I started removing the various HO scale buildings.

A Fruit Stand.



General Store


This one has LED's on the porch and inside!

The old Barn has lighting inside and out.  







If I were building a rural layout I'd probably touchup the paint and use them but as I'm doing mostly urban, these three will probably end up for sale.   I hope I can find a taker for the whole farm board as it seems a shame to break it up.

Despite having all those items headed to sale, I was able to save quite a few items for my use. 

Painted figures...



This collection of trees...




A selection of lighting and two working Just Plug "Light Hub" lighting controllers with independent dimmers.  These should be fun to play with!


Last but not least, this track.  Most was either already loose and unused or attached with just a couple nails. It's all nice clean Atlas Nickel Steel Code 100 Flex track.  Just what I use!

Also taken but not pictured was a long 2 inch high strip of vinyl in a stacked rock pattern. 


The leftover junk.

Unfortunately the rockwork was un-salvageable. 

So for a cash outlay of $0, I'm rather happy with what I managed to salvage for my layout.  Some very useful track and scenery items were acquired and I'm looking forward to finding new homes to the various buildings that were saved from the trash pile.  

Thanks Mom!

If you have any interest in the rural HO or out-scale buildings feel free to contact me via the comments below.   Comments are set for moderation-before-publishing so your personal information will not be publicly visible.

Have a good week!

Karl


Comments

Popular Posts