GP39-2 CSX 4305 in Cicero



Here on the west side of Chicago I don't see near as much CSX as I do the other US Class 1's.

So, it was a pleasant surprise to find this GP39-2 on a bike ride with my son.  

I discovered it parked behind United Scrap Metal just over the border into Cicero.


4305 was built in 1974 as Reading RDG 3415 and also served on the Delaware and Hudson. 




Attached were two interesting boxcars.  
Don't see much Wisconsin Central anymore.

Ex B&O, CSXT 507763  was so covered in graffiti that it had to be patched in it's own number.

Parked in a lot adjacent was this trailer, emblazoned with my moniker!
I'm a bit ambivalent about the dimensions of the flag, but the verse is certainly a good sentiment!

Be well all,

Karl

 

Comments

  1. Very cool find there Karl! GP39-2s weren't exactly common back when they were being made. I didn't know any where still hanging around. Based on the condition of the paint I would say this one is low on the priority list. I wonder if the NMN could use one?

    The flag looks a bit odd. Artistic license maybe? Actually, for me, it just looks backwards. I have always liked seeing the blue block on the left side rather then the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I can't think of a loco the NMN couldn't use.

    As for the flag I think it's teh stretched dimensions that make it seem odd. It's definitely "flapping" relative to the direction of movement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and for reading my blog!
I hope to approve it shortly.
Sincerely,
Chicago Valley Railroad

Popular Posts