First Run At OPSME. Genesis SD60M

 After a couple of visits helping out and running some club equipment I brought some of my own to the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers (OPSME). 

Cruising across what I believe is the Oak River.


Being me, these are of course budget buys.

Loco is an Athearn Genesis SD60M.  Got a steal on this one because it's missing the front and rear railings.  This is my only "High End" loco and my only sound loco.  The detail is fantastic and the sounds are quite impressive.  

This may actually be my first and last sound loco and not just because of the price of most sound-equipped locos.  Having grown up around (as in 50 feet from the tracks) trains I've yet to hear a sound loco that captures that rumble that gets in your soul.  It's hard to get good bass from speakers measured in millimeters.  This one is certainly fun to run though and I'm veryglad to have it

Trailing the SD60M are a dozen Walthers Gold Line RD4 Hoppers.  These sat in a case for weeks at $10 each at my favorite resale shop.  When I offered to buy them all at $5 each, they accepted!  Really lovely cars that run flawlessly.

Hopefully I'll soon have more pictures and videos of my trains running on the OPSME layout.

Be Well,

Karl

Comments

Popular Posts