Washington DC Emergency Vehicles

Starting from scratch, here is the Second try for a post from which all the pictures disappeared!

A bit of a detour today, though I suspect those with interest in trains and model railroading will not find  it too off-topic.


The weekend of my trip, the prime minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan, was also visiting DC.  He had a rally a few blocks from where I was staying and all manner of DC emergency and police vehicles were on hand for the event.  I'm no expert on these vehicles, so -without my usual commentary, here's a gallery of Fire, Police, Emergency and Municipal vehicles from our nation's capital.






















Metro is DC's Transit system.

I asked for this officer's permission to photograph him and he responded with a good pose.




More from elsewhere around the city earlier in the weekend.  




This Navy Ambulance was photographed just outside the Naval Base.



Hope you enjoyed these. Happy truck/car/van/wrecker/pickup/ambulance/bus/bike/trainspotting!




-Karl

Comments

Popular Posts