Budget Model Railroading. A Tank and a Tank For a Buck!

Stumbled across this 2-pack  in one of my many Dollar Tree expeditions.


The tank appears to have the turret of a German Flakpanzer Gepard  on top of a chassis of indeterminate origin.  Interestingly, the call letters refer to an actual US Air Defense Battalion.



Not terribly impressive in detail or accuracy, but the size isn't too bad. I may put a pair of them (I bought a couple these packs) on a Tyco 50' Flat car of which I have several extra. I know my son would love just such a car, and the old Tyco flats are a nice Army OD green.

However, the real reason I bought this pack was for this:




I don't know what -if anything- it's a specific model of, but it's the kind of nice little detail element that would be great next to a building, on the roof, or just placed inside by a window to give some hint of industrial processes inside.

The tank is two separate haves mounted on a base and can be removed. As well as increasing the usefulness of the tank, it also makes it a good possibility for a flatcar load.

These have been at the Dollar Tree for a while now and they seem to come back periodically.  However, as usual, it's a mercurial place so if you want one it's probably best to get one now before they are gone.

-Karl

Comments

Popular Posts